Saturday 10 December 2011

It Takes Faith


Today's Gospel Truth ~  "This only would I learn of you, Received ye the Spirit by the works of the law, or by the hearing of faith?  Galatians 3:2




It seems like I have heard of him forever, everybody spoke well of him telling stories of how strong he was and how nice he was to everyone he met.  Well it wasn't until the young age of ten that I finally met him,  as I tried to talk with him that day between the heavy dripping tears, it felt as if my eyes would of rolled away as I knelt there at the bottom of the two stair alter in my father's church.  He was the man they kept calling Jesus who helped the poor, healed the sick, and raised the dead.  Once a tiny little tot who was born of a virgin, grew up with the elders, and lectured the saints, he was my friend, my elder brother, and my access to relationship with the Trinity.  I would tell my mother that I wanted to see Jesus, "Why can't I see him?" I would ask, and she always responded, "Darling, It Takes Faith."   Therefore, somehow at a very early age I learnt how to unite my hearing with my ability to see, as the more I heard of Jesus the more I was able to visualize this awesome friend I had come to know.  Many times sitting in the audience of my father's church even though the sermons were profound and over my head I held onto certain words that helped create my own story as I imagined seeing Jesus, and this became a fun game for me as I sat as a little girl during message time in service.




Beginning a new relationship, a new job, a new life all takes faith and of ourselves we are not able live for Christ, have a relationship with the Father and the Holy Spirit without faith.  Whenever we step outside of our relationship with Christ crazy things happen,  even though there are times that while we are living the best we can for Christ bad things may happen, yet unless we have faith we will never rise above our circumstances.  Through faith painful experiences in the end works to strengthen and perfect us which always help us in ministering to someone else.  As sometimes our schedules become crowded with things to do which many times seem to never get done we are to keep our ear open for the hearing of faith.  Whether we have to become our own broadcaster of faith filled music and teachings we should never be without being able to hear this sound in our background.  Each time we use our faith it becomes stronger for the next appointed time.  As Abraham trusted God he was using his faith and thus his life turned into one that was right with God.  Trusting, Believing, Hoping, they all take Faith  and those who put their trust in Christ are Children of Faith.




"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."  Hebrews 11:6


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

blog comments powered by Disqus

wibiya widget