Monday 5 December 2011

The Benefits Of Saying NO!


Today's Gospel Truth ~  "And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, Being forty days tempted of the devil. And in those days he did eat nothing: and when they were ended, he afterward hungered."   Luke 4:1-2


 
The ability to say no is easier than we think, actually it is even easier when you just do it without putting too much thought into it.  In order to be able to exercise this ability effectively one has to have a the strength of a firm character.  Temptation is a common course of action that comes to lure one away from doing the right thing.  There are times when you may face temptation repeatedly for the same thing.  It is also a very conniving behavior which has the habitual habit of always blaming someone or something else, just as Satan tried to blame God by making it sound okay for Jesus to take part in the act of going against his Father's will. 




It's hard to imagine someone being tempted three times without possibly giving in let alone Jesus faced temptation for forty days from the enemy, who each time tried to make each offer more appealing to Jesus so he would give into sin.  Yet Jesus' character became stronger each time he said No to the enemy by rebuking him.  Jesus understood clearly that the one who was making offers to him hated his Father and was against everything he stood for thus he refused to compromise or even entertain his conversations. 



The strength Jesus showed not only fortified his character but at the end of his tempting period he had exceptional power which placed him in a greater position for ministry.  As Jesus began his journey through Galilee   he was armed with confidence, influence, dominion, strength, wisdom, and so much more.  After his first encounter in the temple of declaring who he was and what he was there to do his name travelled like wild fire throughout  the city.  Just like our dear brother Jesus when we remain faithful to God and abstain from falling prey to the enemy through temptation our character becomes stronger each time we stand strong in  representing our Father. 








It is God who will make room for us with our name once we remain committed to him.  As a father is naturally proud of his son when he responds to situations from the teaching he has given him, even more so our Heavenly Father is very pleased when we handle situations the way he has trained us to. Standing for God not only benefit our present situation but it also strengthens our character for the future and help those around us by proving that remaining committed to God is possible and very rewarding.  As we go forth into this season of holiday, shopping, and celebration remaining watchful for the tempting offers let us strive to overcome each one so that when we enter our new year we will be stronger in our faith and be able to count blessings instead of regrets.  **AMEN**





I Hereby Declare that ....

I do not have a spirit of fear. I have a spirit of love, power and a sound mind. My heart and mind are focused on the Lord who cares for me at all times, regardless. I do not fear failure. I do not fear success. I follow the Lord on His path no matter where it goes. I draw near to Him and He has drawn near to me. My spirit is steadfast according to His Word and becoming more steadfast each and every day. I walk by faith and not by sight. Faith and trust in the Lord, rules and reigns in my heart. He is ever-present in my life and never leaves me. I do not leave His side. I arise and go to the hill of the Lord at all times for I am His brave solider. I am walking in a season of change. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disquis

blog comments powered by Disqus

wibiya widget